Newsletter – Dec. 3 2012

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts

Hello Members–


Here’s the latest news from your Board, and for those who may not know who the Board is, we are:

Julia Valenti, Pres.
Phil Rathjen, Vice Pres.
Barry Leigh, Treasurer
Suzie Anderson, Secretary
Geri Sobool
Jane Drapeau
Phyllis Matthews


  1.  Thank you to those that have renewed or are newly joined. We are 58 memberships strong and constantly strive to increase that number. To that end, Phil Rathjen and Jane Drapeau produced our new color brochure and sent them with the water bills. Next up is plastic sleeves with the brochures in them to be placed on village business counters. As well, each Board member is seeking out all strata Presidents so we can contact them to contact their members and garner new members for APOA. It would be helpful for any of you to send us the contact information for YOUR strata Presidents to Your help is appreciated.
  2. Our website is managed by John Matthews who has created an attractive place to browse APOA information. Check it out at Also pick up Apex Matters for occasional articles written by Board members.
  3. Phyllis Matthews is our Argo rep and will be attempting, again, to convince them to leave some snow on Creekview Crossing so we all don’t damage our skis and boards on road grit. We are pleased to have FINALLY gotten the warning signs up that it IS a crossing and for vehicles to use caution.
  4. Geri Sobool is in contact with JP. Squire to encourage the publication of Apex happenings in his weekly outdoors column. It seems to be a rather messy backroom situation that has been going on for a number of years and that your Board is attempting to mediate.
  5. We are planning a membership gathering during the season that will feature some sort of presentation of interest to our members with a non ticketed social afterwards. We have some ideas but welcome input of topics of interest to you. Send your ideas to
  6. Weyerhauser has sent the Board a large map detailing their logging plans in the Apex Alpine over the next few years. It is concerning. We are forming a subcommittee to meet with the Weyerhauser Forestry Supervisor when he is available. Denis O’Gorman and Jeff Brown have stepped forward for this committee and we welcome more. If you are interested please contact Julia at the e-mail stated in #5. This committee may also address trails and use thereof and be meeting with the RDOS.
  7. Our next Board meeting is Jan. 26th. and will conclude with a potluck. We are actively seeking Board members to be voted in at the March AG.M. If you are interested in serving, you are invited to attend this Jan. meeting and potluck to get an idea of who we are and what we do. Our work load is not difficult nor particularly time consuming but it IS important and we know there are members out there who would serve the APOA well and happily. Give this idea consideration and e-mail Julia. Not only will you see how the Board works, you’ll be in on a great potluck meal and a fun evening with fun people! Your significant other is also welcome.


Enjoy your holiday season with family and friends in our beautiful alpine scenery and air. We are all so fortunate to be able to recreate as we do in such splendor with such splendid people!

Julia Valenti, Pres. APOA

APOA Board Meeting Agenda Nov. 29th. 2012

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts

127 Ellis. St. 3:15 p.m.

  1.  Call to order
  2. Additions to agenda
  3. Guest Denis O’Gorman—Explain Weyerhauser logging map in the Apex area. Report on Regional Trails Master Plan document.
  4. Treasurer’s report-Barry Leigh (Jane Drapeau-HSBC)
  5. Membership Report-Barry L.
  6. Membership drive walk about-Phil Rathjen
  7. Argo/ installation of skier cross sign/recyling bins—Phyllis Matthews
  8. Website discussion—Julia Valenti
  9.  Apex Matters articles-who writing what when—Julia V.
  10. Print coverage for Apex in J.P. Squire’s outdoor column, referencing Geri Sobool’s phone conversation with him in Oct.—Julia V.
  11. Member Joan Ericson’s concerns regarding large storage containers at duplex on corner of Creekview and Apex Mt. roads.—Julia V.
  12. APOA social, again!
  13. Adjourn

Fall 2012 APOA Newsletter

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts

Greetings All,

It is an appropriate day to be writing the first newsletter of the 2012/13 season as it is snowing here on the Mt.!

Your Board met in July and again September and there is some news to report. In no particular order:

  1. The diligent work of Board members Geri Sobool and Phil Rathjen has resulted in victory! There will be skier crossing signs put up at the Creekside Crossing to warn cars that skiers are indeed coming off the hill below the condos and will be crossing the road on the way to the village. A few months to get this finalized but finally the Resort will be purchasing the signs as well as installing them. There had been Board concerns around the lack of safety at the crossing. We trust these signs will alleviate the possibility of an accident between vehicles and skiers.
  2. A tip given to the Board that recycling bins are going in soon. No details at this time but this will be researched.
  3. Apex Matters is thankfully returning as our mountain press. Board members will be writing articles for each issue. Phyllis Matthews is first out of the gate with an article about road maintenance by Argo.
  4. A new APOA brochure is in the works and a door to door walk-about to distribute them and garner new and renewed memberships will take place between Dec. 22 and Jan 1st. The brochure will also be distributed with the upcoming Nov. water bill.
  5. A new water system is being installed for the Circle. Note: Shawn Witte from Apex Operations attended our Sept. Board meeting and, among other things, told us that the water is tested every month through-out the year and every week during ski season.
  6. Lack of press in J.P. Squire’s weekend outdoors column in the local paper has prompted the Board to inquire why and to request press. After no success garnering coverage from a meeting with Andre Martin, publisher of the Herald and G.M. James Shalman stating there have been challenges working with the paper, Geri Sobool has now written directly to J.P. Squire. We await a reply.
  7. A loo at the Triple was very close to fruition this year but with the departure of Steve LaPrairie and management reassignments taking precedent, the loo is, once again, “ a consideration for next year “.
  8. The resort sign at the ranch is to be repaired this year with a replacement next year.
  9. The barn property has been rezoned from RA to RMU.
  10. The Ministry’s logging is finished for this year and the slash is being cleaned up. The next logging phase will include Rock Oven, Okanagan Vista and behind the Circle. The Balsam trees are being attacked by a virus and pine beetle kill continues. Dangerous trees have been removed around the runs and there has been considerable brush clearing.
  11. New competitions have been added to the season—a K1, a Freestyle and a Noram in Feb..
  12. 4 snowguns have been retired and 2 new ones purchased.
  13. Village businesses updates have been reported in the Apex season pass brochure. We trust that, indeed, the restaurants and ski shop will be well run and offer us some great food, ambiance, products and value.
  14. An APOA membership social is being planned for Sat. Dec. 15th. which will be a village crawl to our restaurants with appie and drink specials. An invitiation will be sent with details as soon as the details are finalized. There is a possibility, as well, of an after crawl house party.

Until next time, adios for now.

Julia Valenti,
Pres.,  APOA

Agenda For Next Meeting – Sept. 19th.

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts

 Apex Property Owners Board  Meeting Agenda for Sept. 19th. 2012


  1. Call to order
  2. Review minutes of July 5th. Board meeting
  3. Treasurer’s report—Barry Leigh
  4. Argo report-Phyllis Matthews
  5. Creekview Crossing sign—Gerri Sobool/Phil Rathjen
  6. Newspaper coverage in J.P. Squire’s Herald column-Geri Sobool
  7. Apex Matters-Julia Valenti
  8. Our website changes
    1. Registration form, Internet link  and Paypal-Barry Leigh
    2. Garnet Mine info. and Rock Oven Grill—Julia Valenti
  9. Membership list and new members-Barry Leigh
  10.  APOA brochure—Julia Valenti
    1. Go over exisiting brochure for possible changes
    2. Confirm new brochure will be printed and ready for Nov. water bill mail-out (Phil Rathjen/Jane Drapeau)
  11. APOA  social event in 2012/2013 season-Julia Valenti
  12. /13.  Guest Sean Witte to give Resort update  and a of review Steve                                                                                                      

         LaPrairie’s Resort report at July  5th. Board meeting.

      14. Adjourn

AGM Minutes

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts



Meeting was called to order at 2:30PM by President Julia Valenti in the Longshot Cafeteria at Apex Mountain Resort. 32 members present.


Motion by Rick Valenti, seconded by Walter Sobool to approve minutes as submitted. Motion carried.


4. INTRODUCTION OF RDOS AREA D DIRECTOR TOM SIDDON & CAMERON RE RECYCLING: Tom Siddon the new RDOS Director was introduced an spoke briefly. Cameron reported that Apex would be included in the recycling plan and that the APOA Board will be consulted re- garding the proposed transfer station. He circulated the waste transfer station survey results with 169 surveys returned from property owners. Survey on file

5. BOARD REPORTS: PRESIDENT: JULIA VALENTI Julia thanked members of the Board for their unique contributions and emphasized that the Board is ever striving to assure the effectiveness of our Association. She reported that:

1. She has initialized a “President’s Newsletter” posted on the APOA Website.

2. The Board has identified 3 areas to focus on for the coming season: a) Safety & crossing improvements to ski in/ski out at Creekview Crossing b) A comprehensive hill recycling service c) Inputting the Apex Resort Master Plan.

3. The production of the Valdy Concert at the Gunbarrel of which Valdy donated funds back to APOA and the Fire Brigade. The event shows promise as an annual event. She thanked John Matthews for his efficient webmaster duties, and Apex Mountain Resort for providing fine skiing through competent staff, grooming, equipment maintenance & upkeep of the village.

4. Myleen Mallach will be publishing “Apex Matters” for 2012/13 Season after a one year sabbatical.

5. The standing APOA board will be returning to their positions.

TREASURER: BARRY LEIGH Barry reported APOA accounts were moved from HSBC & Raymond James to Valley First Credit Union in November 2011. Balance of operating fund is $4119.28, and Rainy Day Term Deposit is $17,000. Report on file.

MEMBERSHIP: VICE PRESIDENT PHIL RATHJEN Phil is looking to the future to build our membership and asked for committed members to solve problems that arise. He read the APOA purpose & description of APOA.

CREEKVIEW CROSSING: PHIL RATHJEN: Phil explained a letter he has drafted to be sent to Highways & Resort management addressing the problematic Creekview/Strayhorse Crossing . Discussion ensued regarding possible solutions.

HIGHWAYS & ROADS: PHYLLIS MATTHEWS Phyllis reported the Apex road has been in good safe condition to and from the mountain. Some problems remain constant (runoff at Scout Corner which is stalled at RDOS level, sign visibility, snow removal on Whitetail) She will attend the post season meeting with ARGO.

6. CALL OF BOARD CANDIDATES TO STAND FOR ELECTION FOR 2012-2013 SEASON No nominations from the floor

7. ELECTION OF BOARD MEMBERS Standing Board was elected by acclimation. A discussion ensued with discussion points: 1) the lack of coverage by the local newspaper of Apex Alpine Resort’s activities and 2) destruction of terrain by motorized vehicles becoming very apparent.

MOTION: By Denis O’Gorman: “That APOA Board draft a letter on behalf of the organization to Andre Martin, General Manager of the Penticton Herald and member of the Okanagan Paper Group encouraging that the paper group actively incorporate reports on events at Apex Mountain Resort, especially involving pertinent items in the weekly outdoor recreation column authored by J.P. Squires.” SECONDED by Rick Valenti, Motion passed.

8. APEX FIRE BRIGADE UPDATE: GARY VOLLETT Gary reported fund raising has been adequate, equipment in good repair but membership is dwindling. He thanked Barret mines for contribution of the large ladder, John Davis and Apex Mountain Resort for their support.

MOTION: by Ron Mason “That the resolution of the Board to donate $1,000 to the Fire Brigade acted upon” SECONDED by Louisa Carter, Motion passed

9. RON MASON: TREE THINNING ON PROPERTIES Ron presented the case for owners to thin & limb pines up to 3 meters to reduce fire fuel.

10. APEX GENERAL MANAGER JAMES SHALMAN PRESENTATION: James presented power point on the season’s activities and participation by public, new socialnomic marketing strategy, crown land acquired, comparison skier visits to other ski areas and answered questions from the floor. Apex is performing better then other ski resorts in the region.

11. ADJOURN: Meeting adjourned at 4:45 PM

APOA Newsletter — April 10th 2012

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts

This is the final newsletter for the season. The Board will have one more summer meeting to take care of any loose ends from 2011-12 and start up with meetings for 2012-2013 in December.

The Board and Executive remains the same as this past 2011-2012 season:

  • Julia Valenti–President
  • Phil Rathjen–Vice President
  • Suzie Anderson–Secretary
  • Barry Leigh–Treasurer
  • Board Members
    • Phyllis Matthews
    • Jane Drapeau
    • Geri Sobool
    • Steve La Prairie


Here are some highlights from our Apr. 3rd. Board meeting:

  1.  All of our Board meeting agendas will be posted on the APOA website in the 2012/13 season. This will allow members to input our discussions if so desired.
  2. Phil Rathjen has written a letter to the Ministry of Transportation, Argo, James Shalman and Tom Siddon about the dangerous situation at Creekview Crossing. In addition, he is meeting with someone from the Ministry to get resolute action towards rectifying this unacceptable interface between traffic and skiers/boarders.
  3. Geri Sobool has written general manager of the Herald Andre Martin about the fact that Apex is never given press in J.P. Squire’s weekend outdoors column. There has possibly been a long standing disagreement between Apex and the paper. We feel the APOA is in a position to express concern about this and hopefully Mr. Martin will request that Apex again submit press releases for publication in the weekly column. As property owners, we want Apex to thrive and mention in this column is important in bringing people to our hill.
  4. Geri Sobool will write a letter to the Gunbarrel expressing concerns the Board members have regarding the level of service, product and ambience at the establishment. As property owners, we want all village businesses to thrive as a healthy business community reflects our property values. We are not intending to criticise but rather express Board concerns that perhaps improvements could be forthcoming. Also included in this letter will be mention of the state of the cafeteria. As property owners, we want our village businesses to succeed. Please let us know your thoughts on this.
  5. Steve LaPrairie reported that the resort is again/still looking at some sort of bathroom facility at the Triple. He was encouraged by some Board members to make this a reality as it has been an ongoing issue for far too many years.
  6. A redesign of our APOA flyer will be done by Phil Rathjen, Jane Drapeau and Julia Valenti. The flyer will be sent out in the November water bills.
  7. Apex Mountain Resort is owned by:

    Ted Garnett
    Dean Garnett
    Brian Martin
    Bruce Martin
    Laurie Hoi
    Louise Burgart
    Larry Halbauer
    Steve LaPrairie

  8. Jane Drapeau will be working with our website manager John Matthews to redesign our membership form.
  9. As of Apr. 3rd., 48 members had renewed. Thank you to those that have. If you haven’t. PLEASE do so.

    Send a $25 check to:

    Box 23016
    Penticton, BC
    V2A 8K3

The next newsletter will be sent to paid members only.

Enjoy all of your off snow adventures.


Julia Valenti, President, APOA

APOA Newsletter March 2012

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts

The APOA AGM was a disappointment for numbers in attendance—a little over 30, including the Executive and guest speakers, but a great meeting for information and sharing ideas amongst the very participatory attendees. Thank you to those who came—it was really appreciated.

Our Area D representative Tom Siddon fielded a number of questions and spoke about the 3 issues he sees as pertinent up here: The Fire Brigade, water and sewer and rezoning. He seems interested in whatever concerns were expressed and your Board will keep him in the APOA loop via our newsletters and will contact him regarding particular areas of concern the Board has identified. He is open to hearing from you so e-mail him at or call 250-492-0237. We anticipate a good working relationship with him.

President of the Fire Brigade Society Gary Vollet reported on their activities and that more members are needed as well as more equipment. It is imperative this group be active, trained and ready—they protect us and our properties so if you can serve, do. A number of members will be going to an intensive training in Oliver in May. The APOA voted at the meeting to give them $1000 towards whatever they deem it necessary to use it for.

APOA member Ron Mason spoke about the issue of so many trees standing around our properties and suggested we all take the responsibility to thin them out, limb them and clean up the forest floor debris around our cabins/houses. There is a fire break around the village but the village itself is the campfire. He has a good point. We all can certainly consider this and take steps to work on our properties—good supply of firewood at any rate for our wood stoves.

James Shalman did a power point on the resort past and present and fielded questions. He spoke about terrain additions and improvements, real estate, marketing strategies, summer maintenance upcoming and land the Resort recently acquired for residential development. The Resort has ongoing meetings with the P.I.B. to resolve issues concerning the Resort Master Plan but agreement has not been reached.

Board Reports were as follows:

  • Julia Valenti–President’s report
  • Phil Rathjen–Membership and Creekview Crossing
  • Phyllis Matthew–Argo
  • Road maintenance and Barry Leigh–Treasurer’s report.

PLEASE renew you memberships NOW for the 2012/2013 season. It makes our Treasurer’s job easier when the renewals come in at the end of the season and then the start of the next season has everyone paid up. Membership stands at around 80 which is low considering there are 600 or so properties here. But we are thankful for your support and even at this number, we DO have a voice that can and will be heard as necessary.

There will be on more newsletter sent after the Board meets for the final time this season and before the off season recess.


Until then,


Julia Valenti–President APOA

President’s Report – APOA A.G.M. Mar. 17th. 2012

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts

Your Executive Board had a good season of productive meetings, most of them focused on how and in what areas of alpine lifestyle the Association can be most effective. Each year the Board’s modus operandi changes because new board members arrive and executive positions are shifted around. We set out at the beginning to find a way to be as effective as possible and I feel we accomplished that. Long time Board members are still serving— Phyllis Matthews remained our Argo roads rep., Phil Rathjen our membership coordinator, Suzie Anderson our efficient secretary, Steve La Prairie our valuable contact for Apex Resort viewpoints and information and Jane Drapeau our membership form printer and meeting focuser who keeps us on topic. I started the President’s newsletters this year. Newcomer Barry Leigh has kept up our membership lists and took on the position of Treasurer. Newcomer Geri Sobool has not yet had a chance to contribute because her husband Walter keeps making her take trips to California, the Southwest and Florida but we intend to put a stop to that next season and put her to work on Board business rather than continual Happy Hours.

We identified the 3 areas we want to focus on for next season: safety and crossing improvements to ski in/ski out Creekside Crossing, a comprehensive hill recycling service and inputting the Apex Resort Master Plan. We have encouraged Association members via the newsletters to get involved finding solutions to their various concerns by speaking to hill management and/or forming a committee to get done what they think needs getting done. For example, one area the Board identified this year as an area that needed attention were the picnic tables in the lunchroom. We brought it up at a board meeting to Steve LaPrairie that we would like to see them refurbished with fresh paint and a follow-up e-mail to Steve and James got the job done before the Christmas holiday season, including some artwork hung on the walls.

We produced one social event, the Valdy Concert March 3rd. A terrific dinner was offered by the Gunbarrel at great prices, Valdy put on an energetic, very entertaining show and the 110 attendees all had a fabulous time. Valdy generously donated money back to the APOA ( $260) and he also donated just about as much to the Fire Brigade. This once a year concert seems to be a good idea for us to take on and will be discussed with the new Executive. Teaming up with the Fire Brigade seems a good idea too.

We thank John Matthews for keeping our website current and more tweaking will be done to that to make it more comprehensive and user friendly.

Myleen Mallach has asked that I announce that Apex Matters will be back next season. She took this season off to spend more time with her family on the slopes but has recharged and is excited about coming back as our hill reporter. I for one sure missed her informative paper that kept us all in the loop of alpine happenings and look forward to reading it again through-out 2012/2013.

Your Board has made definitive organizational improvements this year and all of us are putting our helmets in the ring to serve another term. We welcome any of you to throw your helmet in the ring too when we have the election later on in this meeting.

Thank you to the Board members I have enjoyed serving with over the past 4 yrs. and thank you to Apex Mt. Resort for what it does to give us fab skiing with great grooming, the equipment maintainance , competent staff and continuing to upkeep the village . As a board member, I anticipate further effective board collaboration with management that will continue to improve our amenities and enjoyment of this unique alpine lifestyle we are all so fortunate to experience. Julia Valenti

Feb. 2012 Newsletter

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts

Your Board met Thursday, Feb. 16th. for a lengthy 2 hrs, 45 minutes. Besides the usual Board reports and Roberts Rules housekeeping, APOA and Board concerns and direction were examined:

  1. What are the most important/least important concerns of the APOA?
  2. How does the Board address these concerns?
  3. What is the role of the APOA in the future context of resort development?
  4. What is the role of the APOA in the context of the resort as it is now?

APOA concerns—we had 4 responses from membership in regards to the letter that was e-mailed and is posted on our website, seeking feedback from the membership to the Board on issues membership would like the Board to take a look at:

  1. Dog droppings not picked up, no plastic bags provided to do so.
  2. Replace triple chair.
  3. Discount ticket prices when races are on because many runs are inaccessible.
  4. Marketing of the resort—do more.
  5. Ski in/out access from Creekside Crossing and around the hockey rink.
  6. A member volunteered to help Board/APOA

Apex Operations Manager Steve LaPrairie is a Board member and was able to address these members’ concerns from a resort perspective. Note that the ( ) indicate the writer’s comments, not Steve’s.

  1. Dog droppings—unless stratas, the Mt. Inn and the Hostel all develop a policy to inform property owners and guests about picking up after pets and also provide bags to do so, the resort cannot/will not address this issue either. ( It would seem a group effort is needed and leadership provided. This is not coming from the resort. The APOA Board has decided it is not an issue the Board should be handling. It CAN be taken on by community members who would be willing to develop a committee which would develop a plan to contact all necessary parties and find a solution. Or, those bothered by the droppings can speak with G.M. James Shalman about it, as a group or individually, and see if the resort could be encouraged to take the lead in solution finding).
  2. Triple chair replacement/discount ticket prices—while these were not addressed specifically, they were referred to in a general discussion about resort spending/finances. The resort has made money the past 3 years. Operational budgets are submitted yearly and how these budgets receive the necessary funding is decided by resort owners. Some things get done, some don’t, some are in limbo. ( The APOA cannot affect an outcome on financial decisions).
  3. Marketing—James Shalman and Jonathan Finlay are responsible for marketing.( Again, APOA has no direct role to play here). Some of you are aware that Apex Resort does not appear in J.P. Squire’s outdoor articles in the Okanagan Sat. paper. There has been a disagreement between the paper and the resort and thus the resort does not submit information to this publication
  4. Ski in/out access from Creekside Crossing and around hockey rink— The resort has attempted to address this issue with Argo and Grizzley but has been unsuccessful in getting signage or plowing that does not leave gravel. ( The Board, with the leadership of Board member Phil Rathgen, will address this issue. Solution finding involving all necessary parties is in the works).

The Board identified 2 other areas it will address along with Creekside Crossing:

  1. Full recycling for all resort users—The RDOS has been contacted since they presented this proposal at the AGM last March and they are to get back to us with a plan and a timeline. We will be able to comment on the proposal and make recommendations. Of concern, of course, is fee structure of this recycling center.
  2. Resort Master Plan—The resort has been in ongoing discussions with the Penticton Indian Band and their cooperation and signing off is needed in order for resort expansion/development to occur. The Band has not been forthcoming. Discussions with the Upper and Lower Similkameen Bands are to be initiated. Until these Bands work with the resort, the resort is stymied. (The APOA Board will develop a plan to become involved in some way and it would seem a political involvement may be the most effective means. This does NOT mean aggression, meddling or demanding. It means information gathering, contacting governmental representatives, rational thought and appropriate action where APOA concerns need consideration and where APOA can input the process of community planning).


The Board (and Steve La Prairie wearing his 3 hats as APOA Board member, Apex Operations Manager and part owner) encourage ALL of you to express your various concerns to G.M. James Shalman. Write e-mails, go in and see him, let yourself be heard. Also, take a leading role and initiate solutions towards problem areas. Become a Board member, start a sub-committee and work on your particular area of interest.

You can become a Board member at the APOA AGM on March 17th., starting at 1:30 with renewal of memberships and the meeting beginning around 2 p.m. This will be held in the cafeteria or the Longshot annex. An agenda will be sent soon as well as posted on our website at

Slated to speak at the AGM is James Shalman presenting an overview of the current owners’ past, present and future at Apex and a discussion of the Resort Master Plan. Following will be a Q. and A.

Tom Siddon, Area D RDOS representative, will be introduced and available after the meeting for BRIEF individual Q and A.

A representative form the Apex Fire Brigade will give an update on their organization.


PLEASE take the time to attend your AGM. As property owners it is our best opportunity all season to share with one another and get information that affects your investment and alpine lifestyle.

On a lighter note your APOA social event this season is a dinner concert in the G.B. dining room this Sat., March 3rd featuring Valdy, whose history at Apex goes back to the early days. Concert tickets are $15 and available at the Trading Post. Dinner is 3 fixed priced selections including desert or order off the menu. The evening kicks off at 5 p.m. At time of writing there are about 25 tickets remaining.


Julia Valenti, President, APOA

 APOA MISSION STATEMENT: APOA is a registered society established to represent the interests of property owners, promoting a sustainable, attractive, successful community and fostering stewardship of Apex area resources for public enjoyment and benefit.

P.O. Box 23016

Year’s Membership–$25 per single, couple or family
Payable by cash or check made out to APOA.
Include: Name, home address, hill address, Ph. #s, e-mail

You can renew by mail but better to renew at the AGM!!

Valdy at the Gunbarrel, March 3rd

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts

An Evening With Valdy

Saturday, March 3rd. 

An Evening With ValdyGunbarrel Dining Room

5 PM – Cocktails
6 PM – Dinner Service
7 PM – Concert

$15 Prepaid Concert Tickets
3 Fixed Price Dinner Selections

Ticket Sales at the Trading Post
Purchase by March 1st

Reserve a table with Sue at 250-292-8515


Partial proceeds to the APOA and the Apex Fire Brigade

For more info, contact Julia at or 250-292-8121