Fire Department Referendum

Posted by: Johnny Smoke  /  Category: Archived Posts
There have been a few questions from members regarding the stipulations for the upcoming referendum. Diane from the RDOS sent out these clarifications. Also, Tracy Batton from the RDOS will be attending the APOA AGM to further address peoples questions and concerns.

Yes there are prescribed forms to register as a non-resident property elector. These forms can be completed before voting day to allow property owners time to obtain permission from the majority of the registered owners.

a. Non-Resident Property Elector Consent Form

b. Application for Certificate to Register as a Non-Resident Property Elector

c. Certificate to Register as a Non-Resident Property Elector – The Chief Election Officer will complete on receipt of the Consent and Application forms.

2. No advanced registration is required as the Regional District does not maintain a voter’s list. At the voting place eligible electors will sign a voter’s book which declares they are eligible to vote as either a resident elector or a non-resident property elector.


I was unable to post these forms on the website due to the format in which they are attached to my e-mail. Sorry! Once again, Ihope to see you at the AGM.
Cindi Lou Baker

Comments are closed.